‘Camp Camp’ is our summer residential programme.
This is a residential programme with a difference: as well as the usual campfires and team-building games, we offer a particular focus on health and well-being and creative expression. Young people have the opportunity to deepen their connection to a sense of community, learn new skills, and make lasting friendships.
Young people came away refreshed, inspired, encouraged, and supported by a new network of friends and allies. One young person told us that they had “found family for the first time” at Camp Camp.
Each year we open our application process in February for any young person who is LGBT+ and aged under 25 living in Cambridgeshire.
Youth engagement is central to the planning leading up to the residential and during the camp itself with a group of 4 young people taking a leadership role in the planning process and others running workshops throughout the week. We are keen to hear from you if you think you would like to take up the mantle of becoming one of the camp leaders for 2020.
Please see below for reports from our last three years at Camp Camp:
Every year we have a number of individual and business donors who become our annual fairy godparents. For a £500 donation you can become a Fairy Godparent which covers the costs for a young person to attend.
- Receive a verbal mention in any public events associated with Camp Camp
- Logo placement on The Kite Trust website
- Receive invitations to public events associated with Camp Camp
- Receive a stewardship report after each camp
Please note that Camp Camp will not:
- Market to youth directly or indirectly. Corporate logos will not appear on educational materials, the camp facilities or on any gifts provided to campers
- Facilitate contact with campers for third party events or media opportunities