This page is and will grow as our library of articles and resources for LGBTQ+ young people seeking information and support. From fiction and films to self-help guides and other organisations, we’ll be adding content to help you find sources of information, entertainment and more.
If you’d like to review a book, film, game, TV show, website etc, or you’ve found a great resource you think we should signpost LGBTQ+ young people to, send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll share more details of our requirements for posts!
- A Gay History of Cambridgeshire, Part 2: Monuments to LGBTQ+ RelationshipsCivil partnerships have been legal in the UK since 2004, and gay marriage even more recently. And whilst the Church of England has been tying itself in knots with whether they approve of gay unions, it may surprise you to learn that there are two centuries-old monuments in Cambridge college chapels that commemorate male relationships. […]
- A Gay History of Cambridgeshire, Part 1: Cambridge’s Notable LGBTQ+ residentsOver its 800-year history, Cambridge University has taught countless numbers of LGBT+ students. We all know some of the more recent names: national treasures Ian McKellan, Sandi Toskvig, Stephen Fry and Sue Perkins have all lived and studied in the city we call home. Here are three other queer alumni you should know about: Edward Carpenter (1844-1929) was […]
- What I’m watching: SOTUS the series(2016, first season streaming on Netflix) Seniority. Order. Tradition. Unity. Spirit. No, not an alternative acronym for the Pride flag – but the motto of a Thai Faculty of Engineering, in this unexpectedly adorable romantic drama available on Netflix. SOTUS tells the story of Kongpob, a confident and popular freshman engineering student, and his defiance of […]
- Podcast TranscriptionsHave you seen we have a podcast? You can listen online here or wherever you access your podcasts from! For anyone who might not be able to access this content in audio format, some of our volunteers have been working hard to transcribe the interviews. Here are links to the ones that have been completed […]
- My Experience of AsexualityAs many young people still are today, I was brought up in a generation in which sex dominated the media (whether that be music, films, TV shows, newspapers, magazines or social media). Growing up, it was most noticeable to me within the lyrics of pop chart music. I frequently found myself singing along to this […]